Monday 13 December 2010

Understanding?


We're off to Brighton Hospital this afternoon for some test results, as usual I've not really been thinking about it so the doctor will probably ask me loads of questions I cant remember the answers to and then tell me something really bad just in time to ruin our Christmas! 

Williams blue badge arrived today so we can now park in the disabled bays.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is a good thing as it will mean its easier to get him out of the car when theres no parent and child spaces and also that we can park free but it also means that William is now classed as disabled and makes it all the more real which is really upsetting.  I am going to get him a funky holder for his badge though not one of those depressing ones with a big disabled sign on the front to rub it in a bit more!  (Its the little things that make it easier!)  At least when we go to Brighton in a minute we should be able to park somewhere!

I think William is starting to understand more and more over the past few weeks and he is definately reacting to me talking to him.  He seems to know what I'm rambling on about and laughs when |I am funny (which admittedly isnt that often!)  Today I told him that he was going to nursery for his christmas party and he was over the moon!  I am sure that he knows more than he lets on!

His sleeping is still really good, touch wood!  Me and Kev have started telling him that his teddys really need him to look after them and that they get sad if he doesnt stay in bed all night and he listens, takes it all in and then sleeps through!  We have heard him wake in the middle of the night but unlike before when he would scream until we took him into our bed he now seems to settle himself and nod back off.  The extra sleep for us is amazing!

I saw a sign when I was in town today and it made me think of William, it said "the greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do".  He is so determined, I am sure he will be able to do many things that people say he won't.  Let's prove them all wrong William!!

No comments:

Post a Comment